Parcel delivery companies are a crucial ingredient of e-commerce, so their services should reflect the evolving habits of customers to keep up with the game.
The Venipak team is always on the lookout for new ways to maintain high productivity while preserving on-time delivery at 99.5-99.7%. To achieve and maintain high results, we daily survey ourselves in five areas to help us improve the speed and quality of services provided.
If you want to improve your parcel delivery process and evaluate how a partnership with a parcel delivery company would help to achieve better results, these five questions below will help to set your further business direction.
1. How to serve customers effectively?
Fast response to customer inquiries and respect for their opinion are the main signs of a company that cares about their customers and strives to provide them with the best service. We want to ensure that our team can constantly improve and quickly solve problems. Therefore:
- We have increased the size of our customer support team. It ensures fast response to customer inquiries by phone and email;
- We pay extra attention to customer feedback, comments, and complaints to better understand where we can improve;
- We let the recipients directly rate our couriers.
2. How to reduce sorting errors?
The amount of sorting errors is one of the most important factors in determining the quality of the delivery service. An incorrectly marked or misplaced parcel increases the costs, slows down the delivery process, and causes inconvenience to customers. To avoid this:
- We have adopted new solutions that help reduce human errors during sorting. New scanners and conveyor systems improve the quality and efficiency of the sorting process.
3. How to deliver on time?
Fast delivery is a priority for most private and e-commerce customers. Delays cause inconvenience not only to the recipient but to the sender too. We have adopted these solutions to help us ensure excellent delivery rates, effectively mediate in case of a problem, and create an overall positive experience for e-commerce businesses and their customers:
- A newly installed delivery speed measurement system allows tracking of on-time shipments. We analyze each case of undelivered shipment and look for solutions that help prevent the recurrence of such situation;
- Partnership with intercity buses transport parcels between cities to ensure an even greater chance of on-time delivery;
- The updated employee motivation system includes on-time delivery as one of the evaluation criteria. It encourages the team to make a greater effort to ensure fast delivery;
- Real-time monitoring of courier teams makes it easier for logistics managers to anticipate possible delays and resolve the situation in advance;
- Partnership with parcel locker services enables clients to collect parcels at their convenience if they were not available during the time of delivery. This saves time for both couriers and the recipients.
4. How to prevent shipping damage?
Although it is not possible to fully prevent parcel damage, there are ways to reduce its likelihood. We have taken these measures so the e-commerce customers can receive the best quality shipments:
- We have been using Roll Cage trolleys for transportation and distribution since 2020. The parcels are distributed over several trolley levels to ensure that the upper parcels will not damage those at the bottom;
- We started educating our B2B customers about proper packaging. Venipak specialists have visited the customers and taught them how to properly pack the parcels before shipping.
5. How to share the shipping information?
Everyday life is facilitated by innovative and automated solutions. These include simple and effective solutions such as messages that inform or remind the clients of shipment status. Venipak team has used the following solutions to ensure the quality of our couriers and to improve customer awareness:
- When delivering the parcel via special order before 10 AM, 12 PM, or 2 PM, the courier receives an additional reminder 15 minutes before the scheduled delivery time. This makes it easier to avoid delivery errors;
- We send out more notifications about the contactless delivery verification system, shipment status, planned delivery date, and more. It assures customers about the incoming delivery and makes it easier to plan their time.
The best way to improve the quality of the service is by listening to the customers and analyzing the current hurdles. Bold solutions allowed us to achieve great results that directly contribute to the success of our clients.
If you want to ensure customers are satisfied with the delivery services, you can always contact the Venipak team for advice!